Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christian Dior Does it Again!!!
















John Galliano has done it again with his Spring RTW 2011 collection for Christian Dior!

RE-CAP!!!
So the concept of the show was very creative and easy to follow. The set was a crashed ship with fog coming from the "sea" and the runway as the plank! So as the girls walked the plank the first looks were naval/sailor inspired with sailor hats and lots of navy color. As the show goes on the looks get more loose and tropical (if you follow the shoe style from top to bottom you can see how the looks transitioned). This represents how the girls have ventured from the ship and onto the island. This part of the show is where I found my favorite looks! The vibrant gowns with multi-colored feathers and large flower prints took my breath away. And the shoes!!! I DIED!!! I mean look at the impeccable detail from the heel to the platform to the toe...it looks like an orgy of colors, shades, patterns and textures that climaxed into a gorgeous shoe!!! I've never seen shoes like this before! The accessories like the handbag and braclet were nice touches as well. :-)
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment